Thursday, March 12, 2015

Why I Love Thee

I believe I owe you at least an answer to this. So let me tell you for the first time and maybe the last.

I will never be fully able to tell you why
But here and now I will, at least, give it a try
I know it’s been a question left hanging
That eventually left a void of desire and wanting

I know you know I dislike being put on the spot
Especially for things that are most important
And I was probably seeking an answer you’d accept
That the worrying left a deafening silence I deeply regret

But let’s just get to the point of this piece
And to fate I pray these words would reach
I’ll probably stop all the rhyming now
Because, in the end, the truth finds a way somehow

Even if I try, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to find all the reasons why. But the first time I saw your face awakened an abundance of feelings I thought were lost forever and could never be replaced. In you I found a sense of curiosity, a sense of renewal. Like a breath of fresh air, you came in as a gentle breeze. You were as genuine as genuine could get. And the truth, to me, is something shared out of respect. I loved how honest you were to me. How you would not leave out the details. In a sense, I felt as if with you is where I belong and no place in time or space could ever compare.

I love how you would try. Try everything for us. How you would come to a “Yes” just because it was something that would make me proud and happy. I love how there would never ever be a lack of effort from your part and how the most important thing to you was my smile. I love how much my opinion was so important in the way you would decide on things. I love how you never made me feel I was not a priority. But, most of all, I love you because at least for some part of my life, I had someone I truly loved and I knew truly loved me back to share the happiest, the most frightening, the saddest and the most fulfilling moments of my life. I’m glad I fell in love with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment