Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The first time I said a prayer in front of people in years.

We have this thing in the office where we'd huddle with our teams and talk about certain values. Today, it was my turn to lead. It was also the first time I took this sort of thing seriously. Now, after every huddle, our boss would ask for a volunteer to lead or say a prayer. I'd never volunteer in the past but I thought I'd step on to the plate since it was my turn anyway. It was pre-meditated, to say the least. I guess I really liked the value which was "Display Passion and Optimism." I've had a lack of passion and optimism lately so it really struck me.

Anyway, here is how my prayer went:

Dearest Lord,

Thank You for another day. It gives us the chance to better ourselves and be happy.

Lord God, Help unleash the Davids in us, who in battle, instead of sword and shield, carried You in his heart.

Help us to be ultimate team players who, though not stars of the show, cheer their teammates on until the final buzzer.

Help us be vessels of passion and optimism so that we may share ourselves with others.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment