Thursday, February 17, 2005

What we have here is a failure to communicate

What goes on in that mind of yours?
More importantly, what does your heart speak?
Must I be riddled in all the day's hours?
Is your embrace asleep as I seek?

What will be my shelter while you hide?
What will be my shield, my strength, my guide?
Who do I run to when my eyes start to weep?
Who will I lean on to when I am weak?

It's a pain that you alone can mend
It's a thirst that you alone can quench
It's a numbness you alone can awake
It's a madness only you can contain

For it is in your strength I attain my own
It by your side that I am never alone
It is in you that I am able to see the light
But why is it in the darkness you choose to reside?

In the darkness where I am unable to see
In the darkness where anger supresses me
In the darkness where I am tired and lost
In the darkness where I am but a shadow, a ghost

A mere breath can bring back the tranquility
A mere whisper can bring the dusk to dawn
A song can awaken the morning sun
But all is lost if you are gone

No comments:

Post a Comment