Thursday, August 04, 2005

what I have is not enough, I know

like a sorry old coin you don't remember
you dropped under the seat of your car
waiting to be noticed one desperate morning
willing to burn away the time for that moment

frozen there like the unwound clock
sitting by the piles of paper on your desk
staring at you needing to be put to life again
wanting to stretch my arms around once more

just like the dirty old rag you walk on
as you hurrily enter your white front door
every single night you come back home
needing to be cleansed from this misery

because my love falls like the water
flowing from the mountain top
reaching far to touch your soul

and my heart burns just like the shore
as the waves push to kiss the sand
with sweet passion, gently crashing

because my feelings are so real
like the moon that illuminates
even the darkest starless sky

what i have is not enough, i know
but even though its not that much
you can always count on this, my dear
whatever i have, is always for you
and what i feel for you will always be true

No comments:

Post a Comment