Thursday, November 11, 2004

and so the saying is true, sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down...

This stout guy, a professor of mine in the university was blabbing theological ideas to us students at around 130 to 300 this afternoon... Of all the things he said, what struck me was something he quoted about this philosopher, Martin Heighdeger ( I really don't know how to spell out his last name but that's that.) He said that as we grow older, we are not living but in a way dying and we really don't know when. This made me think a lot of what was going on in this travel of mine. Maybe it just is that way. You live to inevitably die and it was made clear to me the importance of what I do as I journey along this world. Do I really have substance or am I a fool knowing nothing, experiencing numbness? In this, I've realized that sadness is merely stupidity. Emotions are part of our living and living is, in itself, the beauty given to us. Through the laughs, the joys, the tears, the madness, there is one truth--that life is unique as we are and in this, we must realize that we are here to experience and to pleasure ourselves, be thankful for being alive and hope for the best. Because as the wheel turns, it will roll back up again. And if we feel sad, it's, most of the time, just our stubbornness and blindness of being able to see the most important thing. We are alive, we are loved (even though we think otherwise) and life is short to be stupid. Anticipate the end; it is unclear. Yet, we have today, this hour, this minute, this second, this moment, to feel lucky that we are, indeed, alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment